Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you cannot find what you are looking for, you can contact secretariat.
1.- Which institution does this school belong to?
It belongs to “Fundación Educativa ACI” of the Catholic Order Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
2.- Which grades are held?
- Bilingual “Educación Infantil” (nursery school), two schools run as a public-private partnership.
- Bilingual “Educación Primaria” (primary school), two schools run as a public-private partnership.
- Bilingual “ESO”, two schools run as a public-private partnership.
- Private “Bachillerato (Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales; Ciencia y Tecnología)” (High secodary education (Humanities and Social Sciences; Science and technology )). Monthly payment: 345 €.
3.- Which are our motto and our education model?
- Motto: Education means to love.
- Education Model: pedagogy of the heart to combine firmness with tenderness.
4.- Which values are the most passed on in the school?
- free service
5.- Which educative projects are developed?
- Reader Plan and Spelling Plan to develop linguistic skills.
- Bilingual Project providing English as a necessary communication tool in today world.
- “Método ABN ” (opened numeric algorithm) to help mathematical skill development.
- IT Project taking advantage of new technologies in teaching and learning.
- “Take Care of your Planet” Project to sensitize our students to ecological needs.
6.- How is the Bilingual Project implemented?
- Kindergarten pupils enjoy a 45 minute English lesson daily.
- Primary school students are taught Natural Science, Social Science, Physical Education and Foreign Langue in English which adds up weekly:
- 6 hours for the youngest (“1º ciclo”).
- 6 hours and 45 minutes for the oldest (“2º ciclo y 3º ciclo”).
- Secondary School students are taught Biology and Geology (1st y 3th), Physics and Chemistry (2nd y 3th), Technology (2nd y 3th), Physical Education, Geography and History (4th) and Foreign Langue which adds up 9 hous each week for 1st and 2nd grade, 11 hours for 3th grade and 15 hours for 4th grade.
- In addition, all students from 3 years old to 4th grade of secondary (“ESO”) takes a weekly conversation lesson with a native teacher.
7.- Which languages are taught in the school?
- Kindergarten: English.
- Primary and Secondary (“ESO”): English and French.
- Higher Secondary Education: English, French and German.
8.- Are foreign stays and exchanges offered?
- French: Exchange at 4th grade of secondary school (“ESO”).
- English: We work with 3 agencies for offering summer exchanges as well as exchanges during an academic year in Bristol (Linstart).
9.- Is there a uniform?
There is a uniform covering heavy and light garments together with a tracksuit. The uniform is compulsory for all students from 3 years old to 4th grade of secondary school (“ESO”). High secondary students do not wear uniform.
10.- Which is the school time table?
The school timetables are:
- Nursery school and primary school: from 9.00 to 14.00.
- Secondary school and higher secondary school: from 8.00 to 14.30.
11.- Is there a learning centre for students with special educational needs?
There is a learning centre for students with medical report and students derived from the “Delegación de Educación y Ciencia” (regional government) orientation department.
12.- Is there before-school care?
Our before-school care is available from 7.30 to 9.00 and includes breakfast, games, learning activities, videos, etc. The monthly payment is 49.91 €; 4 € for odd days.
13.- Is there a school bus?
14.- Is there a dining hall?
Yes, it works from 14.00 to 16.00 for a monthly payment of 129.88 €; for odd days: 8€. The monthly menu is published in the school web site and on a bulletin board at the school entrance.
15.- Which extracurricular activities are offered for the students?
- English school “Zephir”, to prepare external exams.
- Music school: schola cantorum, piano, guitar, etc. as well as preparation for conservatory entrance exams.
- Sports: padel tennis, football, tennis, volleyball, basket, Pilates, rhythmic gymnastics and judo.
- Arts: theatre.
16.- Is there a psychopedagogical advisor?
The school psychologist takes care of all students that have been derived by a teacher or by their families.
17.- Which out-of-school activities are organized?
- Local visits: police station, town hall, fire department, “Populo” neighborhood, etc.
- Nursery and primary school: Jerez zoo, farm guides, poultry farm visit, etc.
- Secondary school (“ESO”): Baello Claudia, Sevilla, Córdoba, Granada, Huelva (Riotinto y Aracena), exchange in France.
- Higher secondary education: Madrid, Italy and pilgrim route to Santiago.
18.- Are students prepared to receive Sacraments?
- First communion catechism instruction and celebration of the Holy Sacrament.
- Confirmation catechism instruction and celebration of the Holy Sacrament.
19.- Is there any youth movement?
Gupos ACIS is a christian youth movement with a weekly meeting, regional encounters together with weekend and summer campings.
20.- Which associations are there?
- Former student association.
- Parents' association.
21.- Which collaboration is required from the parents?
- Support the School Educative Project.
- Attend group meetings and personal tutorials.
- Take part of school celebration and events.
- Considering being catechist.
- Considering attending pastoral activities.
- Voluntary monthly payment for school maintenance and improvement.